Children's Health Festival - More Information
A big part of children's health and well being includes lots of physical activity.
- Bouncy Castle
- Huge blow up slide
- Blow up maze
- Obstacle courses
- Face painting
- Kids Yoga
- Kids music and instruments
- Kids dance and interactions
While much of the focus is on educating parents keep in mind that there is a huge opportunity for children to learn more about their bodies and how to keep them healthy and safe.
- EMS – ambulance orientations so a child will be more familiar with the environment and equipment in an emergency situation
- Fire – fire safety
- Police – Practicing bike and road safety
- Child Find Ontario – will be fingerprinting kids and giving parents their ID cards to hold on to in case of an emergency!
- Massage, Naturopath, Holistic – visual aids, props and charts are very popular
- Chiropractic – get your kids posture checked!
- Assist in the search for missing children and youth (to age 16)
- To provide assistance and support to families affected by the trauma of a missing child.
- To increase awareness of the problem of missing children and youth
- To educate the public on ways to prevent and reduce the incidence of missing children
- To refer families to professional services where relevant
- To advocate for the rights of children
- A missing child is every parent's worst nightmare. In Canada, over 60,000 cases of missing children are reported to the police annually, with more than 20,000 of these cases in Ontario alone. Child Find deals with runaways, parental abductions, stranger abductions and children who have become lost or separated from their families. In Ontario, parental abductions take place at an average of four times a week. The issue of missing children affects families from all walks of life and our success is dependent upon a shared responsibility for the search, recovery and prevention process.
Thankfully, there is over a 90% recovery rate because of the combined efforts of law enforcement agencies, social service groups and Child Find Ontario.
Child Find Ontario has helped in the recovery of over 600 missing children, and provided advice and support to thousands of families.